CoCulture is a non-profit association based in Berlin, Germany, serving as umbrella organization to initiate and develop artistic and social projects. Coculture’s main objective is to address different facets of the challenges faced by displaced cultural producers through a broad scope of projects and activities.
- Support displaced cultural producers through a variety of projects
- Promote and showcase the work of artists and art professionals
- Provide training and career development
- Connect cultural practitioners in exile with the art scene at home
- Encourage collaborations between Syrian and other non-Western art professionals living in Berlin and the local art communities
- Preserve the intangible cultural heritage of countries in which cultural workers are threatened by war, expulsion, persecution and oppression
- Create long-term partnerships & initiatives
All our activities and projects reflect the following beliefs:
Artistic networking & community building:
Integration & visibility
Reconnection of social fabric
Counteraction to defragmentation and displacement
Connect forcefully displaced artists with those who remain in Syria and other war zones, using art to facilitate dialogue and exchange.
Represent and preserve Syria’s cultural heritage beyond national borders.